Septic system maintenance in New York and New Jersey
Professional Septic System Maintenance from Trained Experts
Septic systems, even newly installed ones, require regularly scheduled inspections and maintenance. Letting your septic tank maintenance lapse can lead to hazardous backups, nasty spills, and expensive repairs and replacements that aren’t in your budget. Zuidema Septic Systems in Midland Park, NJ, has the solution. Our local company offers a full range of septic inspection, maintenance, and repair services for our valued commercial and residential clients. For more than 100 years, Zuidema has been the trusted premier resource in New York and New Jersey for septic maintenance. Our fully trained, certified techs can be on-site when you need us most to provide you with the routine or emergency assistance you need to keep your system flowing. Contact us today to learn more about our services or to schedule your next appointment.
Our Complete Annual Maintenance Plan
Opting to work with Zuidema Septic Systems gives you a full range of expert maintenance options that comes with over a century of experience. From routine, scheduled inspections to advanced inlet/outlet jetting, we have the capabilities and resources that other companies can’t match. Performing these essential maintenance tasks for you on an annual or customized basis means we prevent costly future repairs and give you peace of mind. Our comprehensive yearly septic tank maintenance plan includes:
- Septic Tank Pumping
- Power Jetting Lateral Lines
- Jetting Inlet/Outlet Lines
- Adding Enzymes in Lateral Lines
- Digging Distribution Box Work
- Visual Inspections
- And more
The Benefits of Professional Septic Maintenance
You know that regularly scheduled septic maintenance can prevent headaches for you down the road. However, there are additional benefits that stem from our septic expertise that make a real difference for your home, your business, and your wallet. From our first assessment to our final follow-up, our septic tank installation contractors are always on the lookout for advantages that will help you. Whether it is catching a potentially problematic breakdown of a crucial component or handling more minor issues before they become disasters, Zuidema is the ultimate ally when it comes to septic service. We help you by:
- Recognizing Issues Early: There are telltale signs that indicate issues with your septic system, including bubbling or slow-moving drains, clogged pipes to your leaching field, malfunctioning toilets, and more. Regular septic maintenance from Zuidema helps you to recognize and address these issues before they become water backups, spills, and expensive repairs.
- Clearing Drains: Hair and debris can cause irritating drain and inlet pipe clogs. However, what most people believe to be hair and debris clogs could be a full septic tank. Most home and business owners don’t even recognize the problem until it’s too late. Regular maintenance can keep your sinks, showers, and drains clear year-round and give you the proper flow you want.
- Keeping Your Costs Down: The myth that regular septic maintenance is expensive causes many home and business owners to avoid it or let service lapse beyond one year. The truth is, regular maintenance may only cost you a few hundred dollars annually. Full-blown septic repairs, replacements, and new installations could cost you thousands. Our septic services help you avoid those expenses through affordable maintenance that works.
- Changing Septic Habits: With our expert guidance and insights, you’ll know what can go down the toilet or garbage disposal and into your tank without worry. Our techs can show you better practices and teach you how to preserve and prolong your tank’s life and help you bypass expensive repairs.
- Keeping You Healthy: When your septic backs up, it can cause raw sewage to leak onto your property or, even worse, into your home or business interior. This material carries harmful contagions and bacteria that can make your family, friends, and employees very sick with diseases like Hepatitis A and others. Regular maintenance clears out that waste prevents spills from occurring and gives you a healthy, safe environment in which to live and work.
Do’s & Don’ts of Septic Maintenance
When you have a septic tank on your residential or commercial property, there are some cardinal rules you should follow concerning proper usage. Not following these suggestions can lead to expensive septic calamities, cleanups, and added stress. Zuidema Septic Service can guide you through it all and help you maintain perfect function for your septic system year after year. Take some time to review some of our most important do’s and don’ts for septic systems, then contact us for service:
Septic System Do’s
- Use the proper amount of detergent for laundry and drains
- Replace old fixtures with eco-friendly, low-flow options
- Repair or replace any leaking or dripping fixtures
- Keep your septic system away from any areas of roof water run-off
- Keep objects off your septic cover for inspection and service purposes
- Run water in rarely used drains to avoid chemical build-ups
- Always hire a licensed, certified professional to handle maintenance or repairs
- Schedule septic maintenance at least once a year
Septic Systems Don’ts:
- Never overload your water systems (Washer, Multiple Appliances, etc.)
- Do not dump solids down your sink
- Keep oils and fats out of your drains
- Don’t put yeast or other commercial products down your drains
- Don’t flush garbage down the toilet
- Keep your trees and plants away from your septic installation
- Never cover the tank bed with concrete or asphalt
- Never flush anything but waste and toilet paper down the toilet
- Never enter the septic tank or inspect it on your own. Fatal treatment chemicals may escape.
Contact Zuidema Septic Systems for All Your Maintenance Needs
Regularly scheduled septic maintenance is a must. The professionals at Zuidema Septic Systems have the skills, experience, and advanced technology to guide you through the process and provide the affordable, efficient service you deserve. Contact us today to schedule your appointment for commercial or residential service, and let us show you a better class of septic maintenance you can count on.